Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Karson's Arrival

February 27 started out just like any other Sunday morning. Matt and I went to church to teach our 3 year old Sunday School class. I had not been feeling well for about a week with either a cold or sinus stuff, so after Sunday School I wanted to go home to rest. Looking back now, I am thankful we did. It was a beautiful day outside, so we opened the door to the back deck. Matt and I decided to walk around the backyard to check things out and see what needed to be done for our Spring yard work. We walked around the side of the house and that's when it happened....my water broke!!!! At first when I told Matt, he thought I was joking. Then when he realized I wasn't joking, we walked back in the house and started getting our hospital bags together. My sister was the first person I called because she had the longest drive from Beaufort. Matt and I got our stuff in the car and headed to the hospital around 12:45 pm. (Oh by the way, I am thankful we didn't stay for preaching that day b/c my water would have broke during service.) We got to the hospital and got set up in our room. The nurses came in and started hooking me up to the monitors. They contacted the doctor on call for my practice, which was Dr. Bradley (who Matt and I had hoped for). He comes in to see how far I am dilated, which was only 3 cm. Our families start gathering at the hospital and we wait. Later in the afternoon my blood pressure started to rise and then continued to stay really high, like 200/106. Dr. Bradley was somewhat concerned and didn't want my blood pressure to effect the baby. He discussed with us the option of a C-Section and said that is what he suggested we do, so that it wouldn't turn into an emergency later. They prepped me for surgery as Matt went out and told our families what was going on. I was nervous and excited at the same time. Karson Grace Reaves was delivered via C-Section at 6:22 pm on Sunday, February, 27, 2011. Our world hasn't been the same since.

No comments:

Post a Comment